THE SECOND WORLD WAR
The Regimental Centre
The Regimental Centre was formed at Abbottabad in 1940. It played a vital role in supporting the four battalions of the Regiment during the war years. It trained recruits, provided reinforcement drafts and maintained the records of all ranks of the Regiment. It was the Regiment’s ‘anchor’ in the prevailing wartime conditions of upheaval, movement and change.